Kitty Cooper, genetic genealogist, is collecting information about X DNA matching for various relationships. This data will hopefully help testers narrow down the pool of possible relationships. She has a blog post about the project: Help me collect X chromosome data. The relationships she is interested in:
- brother to brother or brother to sister or half siblings with a shared mother
- uncle to sister’s child or brother’s daughter
- aunt to brother’s daughter
- aunt to sister’s child
- grandmother to grandchild
- grandfather to his daughter’s child
- g-grandmother to g-grandchild (with X expected)
- female first cousins, parents are brothers
- other first cousins with expected shared X
The survey is referenced in the blog post above, and is also here: Amount of X DNA shared by close family.
Please contribute if you can. Thanks!