The NGS annual conference gathers some of the most talented genealogy lecturers for a wonderful educational experience. As in recent years, the organizers are offering packages to stream a subset of the lectures online. The packages include, either of two sets of five lectures or a set of ten. Some people who attended the conference in person subscribe so that they can see other lectures at those times. (Or sometimes the lines can be so long that not everyone can get into the most in-demand lectures.) For those of us unable to travel to the conference, this is a wonderful opportunity to learn from some of the best educators in genealogy.
This year’s conference will be held May 8th to May 11th. The live stream days include several good DNA lectures and genealogy greats including Elizabeth Shown Mills and Tom Jones.
Thursday, 9 May 2019: Viewers will be able to stream five lectures from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. (CDT), including:
- The Fisherman Who Wanted to Marry the Executioner’s Daughter: Stories From German Marriage Sources—Warren Bittner, CG®
- UK Sources for Irish Immigrants—John Grenham, FIGRS, FGSI
- Using a DNA Map to Navigate Your Brick Walls—Blaine T. Bettinger, JD, PhD
- Finding Relatives Through DNA When Family Trees Do Not Exist—Bernice Bennett
- DNA: King Arthur’s Mighty Genetic Lightsaber—Roberta J. Estes
Friday, 10 May 2019: Five BCG Skillbuilding lectures will be live streamed from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. (CDT), including:
- Context: A Powerful Tool for Problem-Solving—Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGLSM, FASG, FNGS, FUGA
- Writing the Family Narrative: A Strategy for Breaking Down Brick Walls—Rebecca Whitman Koford, CG, CGL
- Building a Credible Lineage Despite Missing Information, Conflicting and Incorrect Records, and Undocumented Publications—Thomas Wright Jones, PhD, CG, CGL, FASG, FNGS, FUGA
- Reporting on Research: Standards Encourage Better Communication—Nancy A. Peters, CG, CGL
- Writing a Conclusion Incorporating DNA Evidence—Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, CGL
I will be registering. Consider joining us.